About this Course
In this course, you’ll build on the fundraising management frameworks, skills and insights you learned in the first course in order to create a sustainable funding model for your organization. We’ll cover key areas such as grant proposals, financial leadership for development professionals, advocacy’s role in fund development and the role of events in a development strategy. You’ll also learn how to ensure organizational readiness for any funding you get. We’ll bring the material to life through guest lectures by seasoned fundraisers, case studies and practical assignments.
What You’ll Learn
- How to use finance as a lens for decision making, organizational activities and sustainability
- How to create financial statements, budgets and reports
- The components of strong funding proposal, including applying the principles of successful grant writing and knowing who your funders are
- The role of advocacy in fundraising and donor engagement
- How to incorporate events into a development plan and strategy