About this Course
This course focuses on the essential leadership, strategy and governance skills and perspectives needed to assume positional leadership roles in nonprofit organizations. Leadership, management and strategy are interdependent aspects of organizational health. You’ll find out who decides what in a nonprofit organization, and also what your own leadership style is. We’ll explain the various roles of positional leadership (executive director, staff, teams, board), and the difference between positional and personal leadership.
You’ll also learn about the core principles of planning and strategy formation — vision, mission and values; strategic planning; public policy; advocacy, movement building and networked leadership. We’ll identify tools for developing diversity, equity, and inclusion competencies of leadership — from values, vision, culture and operations.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Leadership styles and ethics
- The different roles of the board, executive director and team in a nonprofit
- Planning and strategy formulation
- Best practices for leadership development and succession planning
- How to build partnerships for maximum collective impact