About this Course
What is a nonprofit organization and what makes one effective? This course explores the history and nature of the nonprofit sector from various perspectives. We’ll focus on key management and operational issues in nonprofit organizations as well as the key legal requirements for obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status. You’ll create a basic theory of change and logic model to explain how you'd solve a societal problem. We’ll also look at how to integrate core diversity- and equity-related questions into all aspects of analysis and decision-making at your organization.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The scope of the nonprofit sector and common legal issues nonprofits face
- How to assess organizational capacity and manage the organizational life cycle
- Best practices for board operations and volunteer engagement
- Strategies for program development and evaluation
- Financial management techniques