About this Program
If you grew up obsessed with board, card and video games, becoming a professional game designer might be your dream job. But being an avid gamer isn’t enough of a credential to break into the industry. You’ll need to show that you have specific knowledge of game systems and game design, as well as broader awareness of the development process and how major game studios operate.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll examine the key principles of modern game design. You’ll learn about focus groups; balance and playtest different types of games; and explore the factors that engage players and keep them coming back for more. Prepare to play an important role in this exciting, rapidly expanding field.
Designers, developers, entrepreneurs and those who want to enter or advance in the game industry.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to analyze the dynamic elements of game systems
- Different genres of video games and the history of games
- Game monetization and implementation processes at major studios
- Social and psychological dimensions of games
- Agile project management techniques to build digital and non-digital game prototypes
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Create a game design document for your professional portfolio
- Complete a game prototype and pitch it to industry executives