About this Program
The software business is a huge and growing segment of the global economy, as governments and industries throughout the world move to modernize and upgrade their IT systems. This growth has created demand for trained professionals who can help companies customize their products and services for success in foreign markets.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll gain practical skills for customizing all kinds of software and technology offerings to serve specific markets. We’ll explore localization tools such as machine translation, terminology management and global content management systems. You’ll build on your existing skills with foreign languages as you gain a solid understanding of localization project management and engineering practices.
Professionals working in software localization and those who want to enter the field.
Danielle Marcos, a graduate of the Certificate in Localization: Customizing Software for the World, discusses how the program helped her advance in her career.
What you'll learn
- Basic concepts of localization, including workflows, roles and technology tools
- Topics related to the localization engineer role, including technology and problem-solving
- Concepts essential to localization project management, such as how to communicate deliverables effectively
- How to create and maintain budgets and schedules for international projects
Get Hands-On Experience
- Engage in engineering course lab work
- Use industry-specific software (free or discounted access to select programs)