About this Program
Keeping vital business data safe and secure is one of the biggest IT challenges any organization faces. Professionals with high-level information security training are in great demand as businesses develop strategies and processes for keeping their systems safe from attack.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll examine key concepts in this rapidly evolving field. We’ll survey the major types of threats and how they can be mitigated. You’ll evaluate the costs and benefits of various security approaches. Develop the ability to create and implement comprehensive risk management programs for organizations of all sizes.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Cybersecurity Analyst
IT professionals and those who work in data security and risk management. If you’d like basic technical training in this field, consider taking our Certificate in Cybersecurity.
Barbara Endicott-Popovsky, an instructor for the Certificate in Information Security & Risk Management, discusses the dire need for professionals with skills in this field.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Security strategies relating to issues such as privacy, legal and regulatory compliance, social and geopolitical impacts, national security and evolving technologies
- Best practices for protecting mobile workforces, developing security metrics, managing electronic evidence, handling e-crime and e-discovery, and securing information in the cloud
- How to develop and maintain risk assessments and risk management plans
- Standards for business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Techniques for designing information assurance strategies
Get Hands-On Experience
- Serve as an information security consultant to a local organization
- Work on real-world scenarios using state-of-the-art EC-Council iLabs software (purchase required)