About this Program
Private investigation has moved out of the shadows and become a vibrant, intriguing profession. Today, a wide variety of agencies, law firms, insurance companies and government entities rely on savvy PIs who can unearth the facts, compile the evidence and contribute to the resolution of complex issues and sticky situations.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll develop the legal and professional knowledge and skills to become an effective private investigator. We’ll cover different aspects of the courts and the legal system, practices of civil and criminal case investigation and preparation, various investigative specialties and the latest industry trends. Accelerate your career in the dynamic field of private investigation.
Professionals working as private investigators who want to refresh or expand their skill set, along with those interested in entering the field.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Key topics related to the criminal justice system, insurance law, and state and federal law
- Legal and ethical issues in the field
- Criminal investigative techniques such as discovery, interviewing, crime scene investigation and forensics
- Civil investigation topics such as missing persons, insurance, auto accidents and fraud
- Business practices and career opportunities in private investigation
PREPARE FOR CERTIFICATION
You’ll have the opportunity to take the exam to become a licensed Washington state private investigator.