About this Course
This course introduces you to many facets of the business of private investigations, with a focus on preparing you for a successful career in this exciting profession. Topics include bookkeeping and case management, the justice system, understanding public records, skip tracing, the right to privacy and much more. You’ll learn about the aspects of owning and operating a PI business that'll help you excel on the exam required to become a private investigator in Washington state. We’ll also explore ways to adapt and enhance your existing life skills for use as a licensed private investigator.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Private investigations as a career
- Business structures and management
- Basics of the U.S. justice system
- How to navigate public records
- The impact of implicit bias on case assignments