About this Course
Building on the fundamental skills practiced in the first course, the production challenges will increase as we add more complex audio and video techniques. Collaboration will be a key element of the process.
You’ll hone your writing, directing and/or editing skills in several team-based film projects. You’ll incorporate peer and instructor feedback as you refine your work and strive to achieve both best practices and a polished artistic vision. With special attention to audio, the class will also participate in a professional sound mix. Depending on what track you wish to pursue, you will write an original narrative script or research and write a documentary treatment for your capstone project. By the end of the quarter, you will have laid the groundwork for your spring quarter capstone project.
What You’ll Learn
- Storyboarding and screenwriting
- Best practices in camera use and lighting
- The fundamentals of professional audio recording, sound editing and sound mixing
- How to use dailies and rough cuts to help revise your work
- How to produce a narrative film
- How to conduct documentary interviews
Get Hands-On Experience
- Write a script or documentary treatment
- Participate in the production of a dramatic film (including casting and finding locations)
- Edit a narrative or documentary project as well as soundtracks