About this Course
In this capstone course, you’ll make your own film, either as an individual producing a documentary or as the director on a production team crafting a drama. With detailed feedback on dailies, rough cuts and more, you’ll find ways to tell your story for maximum impact.
As part of a cohort of filmmakers, you’ll also have the option of assuming additional crew roles, such as director of photography or sound mixer. You’ll expand your postproduction skills (color correction, titles, graphics, FX) and incorporate sound elements as needed.
By the end, you’ll have both the theoretical and experiential knowledge to produce your own high-quality films. The course culminates with a final screening of all projects.
What You’ll Learn
- Advanced film-editing processes, including color correction and transitions
- How to add titles and credits to your film
- Storage and distribution options, including layback, compression, DVD and upload
- The business aspects of the film industry, including funding and distribution avenues
Get Hands-On Experience
Receive extensive guidance and feedback from your instructors to:
- Complete a professional quality film for your artistic portfolio.
- Work on several film projects outside of class, with the option of participating in various roles on other student projects.