About this Course
In this course, you'll get an introduction to the fundamental building blocks of big data engineering. You'll learn the foundational concepts of distributed computing, distributed data processing, data management and data pipelines. You'll also survey a variety of available data stack technologies and learn how to run a data processing workflow through a commonly used platform.
What You'll Learn
- The fundamentals of data stacks, their uses, advantages and limitations
- The background of distributed systems, relational databases and key-value stores
- The foundations of the Hadoop ecosystem
- The pros and cons of batch processing versus in-memory processing (Spark, Hive, SQL)
- The uses and limitations of NoSQL stores (HBase, Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.)