About this Course
Today’s employers are actively seeking the next generation of professional technical writers. In a fast-moving, ever-changing job market, it’s important to enhance your core writing skills with the latest concepts and techniques.
In this course, you’ll get a practical introduction to technical writing. We’ll explore different types of documents and audiences, discuss writing processes and styles, and enhance your planning and revision strategies. You’ll learn about the importance of storytelling — theme and narrative — in technical writing. We’ll also cover the collaborative nature of today’s technical writing.
What You’ll Learn
- How to analyze the audience and apply user-centered design
- Trends in technical language and style
- Principles for visual design and the creation of images and videos
- How to write for mobile and touch interfaces
- Social media distribution and search engine optimization techniques
Get Hands-On Experience
You’ll apply what you learn to working on proposals, reports, presentations, video scripts, resumes and general workplace communication.