About this Course
This course provides a general overview of the history and fundamental premises of land-use law in the United States. It examines federal, state and local policy and regulations relating to aquatic resources, with an emphasis on permitting application requirements. You'll learn the multiple layers of land-use laws; understand basic permitting requirements and how to access resources for permit applications; and become challenged to examine and defend various advocacy positions.
- Where land-use law comes from, the premise of the law and the implication of legislation vs. court findings
- History and current status of various federal regulations
- State and local land-use laws related to aquatic resources
- Agencies with jurisdiction over aquatic resources and how to prepare permit applications for those agencies
- The complexity of issues related to land use and regulations