To apply, you must have either:
- Ability to create SQL databases, constraints, views, stored procedures, functions, queries and transaction statements
- Ability to install software on your computer
- Comfortable working with others and contributing to discussions
Including time in class, you should expect to spend about 10 to 12 hours each week on coursework.
If English is not your native language, you should have at least intermediate English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Noncredit Programs.
Because this offering is 100% online, no visa is required and international students are welcome to apply. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
- Access to a Windows or Mac computer with:
- A recent operating system (Windows 10/Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later) and web browser
- 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor (or the equivalent)
- At least 4GB of RAM
- 50GB hard drive space
- For those on a Mac: Ability to run Windows via virtualization software or Mac’s Boot Camp option. Select OS and software downloads are available online at reduced or no cost.
- High-speed internet connection
- Headset and webcam (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn a certificate of completion by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.