About this Program
Business intelligence is a discipline that relies on ready access to a huge volume of stored data, sometimes referred to as a data warehouse. In this three-course certificate program, you’ll develop the conceptual knowledge and skills to create a midsize data warehouse. You’ll explore the entire life cycle of development, from defining business requirements to reporting and analysis. We’ll cover different aspects of data modeling and database design, and take a deep dive into the ETL (extract, transform and load) process. By the end of the program you’ll have completed your data warehouse and expanded your professional portfolio.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Business Intelligence Analyst
Database developers and administrators. Those who work on the data analysis side of BI should consider taking our Certificate in Data Analytics: Techniques for Decision Making.
Instructors from the business intelligence and data analytics certificate programs explain how students can use the knowledge and skills they learn to advance their careers.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Key terms and concepts of BI, including the snowflake and star schemas, project planning and project management
- How to define project scope and essential business requirements
- Best practices for using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services to perform the ETL process
- Methods for building a professional BI solution, including planning, documentation and reporting
- Implementation, development and management of Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) Cubes
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Create and refine a data warehouse
- Execute a business intelligence project that includes the construction of OLAP Cubes on various data warehouses