About this Program
For decades, SQL has been an essential language for many IT roles and the gold standard for working with relational databases. This three-course certificate program will focus primarily on Microsoft SQL Server, one of the most popular database development platforms. We’ll cover the fundamentals of database planning, design, deployment and management, and you’ll explore how to write advanced SQL queries for reporting and data mining.
IT professionals seeking to expand their database skills and expertise. Take our SQL Self-Test to see if you have the knowledge required to enroll in this program; those with less experience should consider taking our course in Foundations of Database Management first.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Modeling, primary database objects, SQL syntax and relational data access
- How to create and implement advanced reporting solutions
- Scalar and table-valued functions, branching and conditional logic, data structures and transactions
- How to manage, monitor and program for a SQL Server Instance
- Advanced programming skills using Transact-SQL
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
You’ll build and deploy a database application using T-SQL.
PREPARE FOR CERTIFICATION
Completing this program helps prepare you for Microsoft SQL Server certification.