About this Course
This course examines a diverse range of topics that demonstrate the variety of domains to which GIS can be applied, in addition to tools and methods that expand the use of GIS beyond the traditional desktop environment.
- The use of imagery and remotely sensed data in GIS
- An introduction to applications for 3D data within GIS
- Internet- and intranet-based browser GIS and the incorporation of remotely-served spatial data
- The use of GPS and mobile GIS products in collecting and integrating field data
- An introduction to the development and customization of GIS interfaces and applications
- Considerations regarding the potential integration of GIS into the broader business enterprise.
Upon completion of the course, you'll be able to incorporate imagery, remote sensing data, 3D spatial data and data collected through field methods into GIS projects and analysis. In addition, you'll have a foundation from which to consider the design and implementation of custom GIS desktop and web-based applications and be able to address the integration of GIS data and methods in an enterprise environment.