About this Course
As its name suggests, DevOps is a set of practices that combine software development and software operations principles to help build, test and release applications with greater speed and efficiency. A hot IT trend, it’s been widely implemented by many companies to facilitate next-generation performance and agility.
In this course, you’ll get an introduction to DevOps and how operations and development engineers work together and use various tools to create and improve products. You’ll learn about Docker and container orchestration and find out how to obtain, install, configure and automate the deployment of containerized applications on Kubernetes on Google Cloud.
You can take this course on its own or use it to supplement one of these programs:
Technology professionals who want to break into DevOps as well as developers, software engineers and system administrators interested in learning how to automate application deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Knowledge of DevOps, microservices and containerization approaches
- Techniques for developing and deploying applications and services with container technologies
- How to set up, manage and maintain Docker and Kubernetes clusters in on-premise or public cloud environments
- How to configure and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters for applications and services in Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Install and configure Docker
- Install and configure Kubernetes clusters and deploy applications to them
- Manage CI/CD with GitLab
- Manage CI/CD pipeline with Spinnaker/Jenkins and Kubernetes