To apply, you must have:
- At least one year of professional experience using a programming language such as Java, Scala, Python or C#. Those who need help meeting this requirement should consider enrolling in our Certificate in Python Programming.
- System management and configuration skills, including command-line proficiency. Those who need help meeting this requirement should consider enrolling in our Network & System Administration course.
- Completed the Big Data Technologies Assessment Quiz to evaluate your knowledge of system administration and programming concepts.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google Compute Engine
Including time in class, you should expect to spend about eight to 10 hours each week on coursework.
If English is not your native language, you should have at least intermediate English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Noncredit Programs.
Because this offering is 100% online, no visa is required and international students are welcome to apply. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
- Access to a computer with a recent operating system and web browser
- High-speed internet connection
- Headset and webcam
- Dual monitors (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn a certificate of completion by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.