About this Course
A law office must establish and follow specific procedures to function smoothly, and most law practices today depend on technology. In this course, you’ll be introduced to standard law office procedures and the various types of computer applications used to support them. We’ll cover client fee agreements, paying bills and collecting accounts, and timekeeping. You’ll learn about electronic filing, docketing, and managing client trust accounts. We’ll also examine ways to handle client conflict of interest and manage difficult clients.
What You’ll Learn
- The client intake process, including ethics and conflicts considerations
- Various timekeeping software options and techniques for efficient time management
- Workflow and scope of work plans for effective case management
- Strategies for maintaining document control and access
- Tool preparation for organized project management