About this Course
A law office must establish and follow specific procedures to function smoothly, and most law practices today depend on technology. In this course, you’ll be introduced to standard law office procedures and the various types of computer applications used to support them. We’ll cover client fee agreements, paying bills and collecting accounts, and timekeeping. You’ll learn about electronic filing, docketing, and managing client trust accounts. We’ll also examine ways to handle client conflict of interest and manage difficult clients.
What You’ll Learn
- Advanced features of software applications for email, word processing, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Key aspects of practice management systems including timekeeping, calendaring, and conflict management
- Limitations on lawyer advertising, marketing, and social media
- Features and limitations of document management and document production applications
- Procedures for disaster recovery and requirements for record retention