Help Center

Financial Aid & Scholarships

Financial Aid Eligibility

To be eligible for federal financial aid, you generally must be a matriculated UW student in an approved degree or certificate program. Most UWPCE certificate programs are not approved for federal financial aid, including federal student loans. For more information, see the nonmatriculated students page of the Office of Student Financial Aid website, or contact

Students in UWPCE programs are not eligible for the Washington State Tuition Exemption or Husky Promise programs.

Matriculated UW students may be able to apply awarded financial aid toward UWPCE credit courses. For more information, contact the financial aid office at You are charged for UWPCE courses in addition to your standard university tuition.

Employer Educational Assistance

Some employers will cover all or part of the cost of a professional education. Check with your employer to see if such a program is available.


Federal Loans

UWPCE students are generally not eligible for federal student loans.

Private Loans

Students who need help paying for their education may want to consider private loans. Consult your financial institution about the educational loan options available to you. We cannot make loan recommendations. Lenders and loan terms change frequently, and your credit score is unknown to us.

Loan Deferments

Students who want to defer payments on their federal student loans while taking UWPCE classes can request to have their deferment certified. Email your request to Registration Services at

UWPCE Certificate Scholarship

Students who are accepted into one of the certificate programs below may qualify for a UWPCE Certificate Scholarship. Awards are based on the potential for the certificate program to positively impact the applicant’s career path. You must be a current Washington state resident to apply, and applicants must not exceed household income limits. For more details, see the UWPCE Certificate Scholarship page. 

UWPCE Lifelong Learning Incentive

Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree from the UW within the last three years may qualify for the UWPCE Lifelong Learning Incentive, a $300 discount toward a noncredit certificate program. 


Students who have completed their service in AmeriCorps qualify for a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award. These funds can be used to cover educational expenses and, in some cases, living expenses and books and supplies.

Veterans Benefits

Some certificate programs are eligible for veterans benefits. For more information, see the Eligible Programs page of the UW Veterans Education Benefits Office website or email