About this Program
A picture speaks a thousand data points. In a data-driven world, the ability to display large amounts of information through powerful visualization tools is increasingly important for business success. The career outlook for professionals who are well-versed in these tools is extremely bright.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll explore ways to organize and derive meaning from vast amounts of data by using visual presentation tools and techniques. You’ll learn to create rich and intuitive representations that can help your business make more insightful decisions. Use principles drawn from the fields of visual design, perceptual psychology and cognitive science to develop your ability to make data make sense for everyone.
Data professionals and others who regularly use data in their work.
Ben Jones, instructor for the Certificate in Data Visualization, talks about the valuable technical skills that students acquire in the program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The fundamental design principles and different types of data visualization
- How to locate, prepare, model and analyze data
- Methods for creating interactive visualizations tailored to specific audiences and devices
- Techniques to add context with benchmarks and comparisons
- How to turn data into actionable information for making sound business decisions
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Work with data visualization software such as Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Plotly and Quadrigram (free access to all tools)
- Complete a data visualization project that you can add to your professional portfolio