About this Course
In this course, you'll learn the technical and practical concepts underlying databases. You'll gain experience using relational database management systems (RDBMS) by designing and implementing relational databases. You'll also program Structured Query Language (SQL) script to create database objects and transactions.
You can take this course on its own or use it to prepare for one of these programs:
Anyone interested in developing fundamental database and SQL skills.
▸ Related Article: Four Skills You Need to Get Started in Data Analytics
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The database development life cycle (spec, design, build, operate)
- The differences between transactional databases and decision support databases
- Techniques for designing a database using entity relationship diagram (ERD)
- Database modeling and normalization
- Data integrity and management principles and basic database security and administration
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Write complex queries to analyze data
- Create professional database designs to support real-world business requirements
- Complete a database project that applies all the skills of the course