About this Program
The work of the business analyst is sometimes compared to building bridges — connecting the business side of the company with the IT side to forge a targeted solution to a specific challenge. The role requires solid interpersonal communication skills, business savvy and technical expertise, and those who possess this potent combination of talents are highly competitive in today’s job market.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll learn how to analyze an organizational problem and develop business requirements to tackle the challenge. You’ll discover how to craft both IT and non-IT solutions that address business objectives and reduce risk, and you’ll complement your systems knowledge with communication techniques that can resolve conflicts and build consensus.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Business Analyst
Business analysts who want to advance in their field and other professionals who have business analysis responsibilities.
An instructor and a graduate of the Certificate in Business Analysis talk about how the program delivers the skills professionals need to advance in their careers.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Work products such as analysis documentation, solution approach and business case
- Knowledge areas and competencies as defined by the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- How to use Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Approaches for synthesizing and presenting research and analysis to facilitate decision making
- Waterfall and Agile methodologies and emerging approaches to IT development
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
You’ll take part in group simulations to handle typical business analysis problems.
Prepare for Certification
This certificate program is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider; by completing the program you will earn credit toward CBAP and CCBA certifications. (Why get certified?)