Achieve Your Future
Education turns potential into possibility. With our UW Certificate Scholarship program, you’ll have a chance to boost your potential — and your career — with a UW certificate program.
In 2017, we were excited to award full scholarships to 10 students seeking to enroll in one of the following certificate programs:
Information about the 2018 scholarship program will be available in March 2018. Subscribe to our email list to be notified when details become available.
What is the UW Certificate Scholarship?
The UW Certificate Scholarship is a new way for us to break down barriers to a UW education and help you ignite a change in your career. Learn more about why we created this scholarship.
Award amounts range from $3,000 to $4,000, depending on the cost of your certificate program. Scholarship recipients will receive a waiver each quarter that covers registration and course fees; the initial $50 application fee for the certificate program and the cost of any necessary books and other class materials are not covered.
Who’s Eligible for This Award?
To be considered for a UW Certificate Scholarship, you must:
- Be a current resident of Washington state
- Apply and be accepted to one of the five eligible certificate programs for a fall start
- Not exceed household income limits*
- Not have access to financial assistance from your employer or a third party to pay for your program
- Intend to complete the full certificate program, taking the courses over three consecutive quarters
- Be willing to let us share your story in UW Professional & Continuing Education and UW Continuum College promotional materials online and in print
- Not be a UW employee or family member of a UW employee
*To qualify for this scholarship, your household income for the last calendar year cannot exceed the amounts listed below. As part of the application, you’ll be required to provide a copy of your most recent income tax return.
People in Household
How Do You Apply?
Carefully review the admission requirements for your chosen certificate program to make sure you qualify. If you have any questions, contact us.
Apply to the certificate program. Applications for programs starting in fall 2018 will open in mid-April.
Check your email! We'll contact you within two weeks to let you know if you’ve been accepted into the certificate program. If you're accepted, you'll get a follow-up email with a link to the scholarship application. (The form is not available on our website.)
- Complete the scholarship application, if you meet the eligibility requirements, and return it with a copy of your tax return to the address on the form.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Scholarship applications are due in July. After you submit your application, keep an eye on your inbox. We’ll notify you about scholarship decisions by the end of the month.